Generation Z is composed by young that are actually between 12 and 17 years old. For the automotive industry they are evaluated 3.2 trillion of dollars by 2020, so it’s really interesting to understand what they will look into their future cars.
The most important insights that I read are:
- 92% wants to own a car
- they don’t care a lot about style and design
- they remind some old-fashioned brands like Ford, Chevrolet and Honda for their solidity
- they care more about saving money (in the purchase and running costs) than in saving the environment
- they care more about safety than infotainment
- they’d like to have autonomous vehicles for increasing security, but they don’t trust in that technology at all
- they’ll buy a car in a car dealer, not online
Looking with attention the slide where the generations are described, I found some new interpretative keys of the Gen Z’s purchase intentions.